January 1st, 2018
Because Titanium Autogroup and D2C Media value their users and their concerns about privacy, the companies engage in consistent information practices and use their best efforts to make clear disclosures regarding our privacy practices.
1.0 Types of Information Collected:
When you consult our website, we do not collect any personally identifiable information such as your name, address, telephone number, social insurance number, billing and shipping information, credit card information or your email address unless this information is voluntarily provided.
In certain cases, we may require some personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email to:
- Create your file in the case of a vehicle purchase
- Establish, maintain and improve our relationship with you and communicate offers or promotions on our products and services.
- Initiate contact with you to provide you with information relating to your vehicle purchase, lease, guarantee or maintenance program.
In order to provide some of our services, we may also need to collect the following types of non-personal information:
- Cookies – When you visit a site owned by Titanium Autogroup, D2C Media or one of our partner sites, we send one or more cookies to your computer and also deliver cookies supplied by related third party services such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Facebook. These cookies contain identification information that enables us to see how our users are interacting with our services, to target our users with relevant offers, to learn about their navigation history on our site, and helps us to streamline their experiences. Cookies also let us know about repeat visitors to our site, or to any D2C Media partner site, and if we are delivering quality products and services.
- Log Information – Each time you use our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, the pages visited and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. This information may be shared with other dealers within the D2C Media network in order to better understand your needs and respond to your requests. This information will not, however, be shared with any dealers that you have not previously contacted.
- User Communications – When you send email or other communication to Titanium Autogroup or D2C Media, we may retain your communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated Sites – We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Titanium Autogroup or D2C Media in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links – Titanium Autogroup or D2C Media may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our customized content and advertising.
As required, we may combine your account information with other information from Titanium Autogroup or D2C Media services or from third parties such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Facebook in order to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
If you would like to opt-out of the Google Analytics or Google Adwords Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means, you can consult the following link to access Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web. You can also access one of the following resources to provide you with additional information on third-party tracking and how to opt out: Google Advertising and Privacy page, Google Settings, Digital Advertising Alliance page.
2.0 Use of Information Collected
- when we have your permission;
- for auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain and improve our services;
- to ensure the technical functioning of our network; and
- to develop new services.
Please note that we may also share information in the event that we are asked to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
In addition, we may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular vehicle model, for example, or who have clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
To withdraw your consent and no longer allow Titanium Autogroup and D2C Media to manage your personal information, please fill the communication preferences form.
3.0 Sensitive Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we may ask you to provide Sensitive Personal information. We will not collect or use Sensitive Personal information (which includes information we know to be related to confidential medical information, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs or sexuality and tied to personal information) for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit Sensitive Personal information to any of our services, in which case Titanium Autogroup and D2C Media may not be able to provide those services to you.
4.0 Information security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Titanium Autogroup and D2C Media employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
5.0 Changes to this policy
This Agreement will be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws in effect in Canada and in the province of Quebec and the competent courts of Montreal will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings. This Agreement, and any modifications thereof, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
This Agreement has been drawn up and executed in the English language at the request of the parties. La présente convention a été rédigée et exécutée dans la langue anglaise à la demande des parties.